I have tried many guacamole recipes. Some are too thin, some are too chunky, others are too spicy and most are way too bland. This recipe took me and my family an entire summer to perfect. It is very quick and easy to make, and you will fall in love. It even beats Chipotle.
- 3 Haas avocados, halved, seeded and peeled
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1/2 medium onion, diced
- 1/2 jalapeno pepper, seeded and minced
- 2 Roma tomatoes, seeded and diced
- 1 tablespoon chopped cilantro
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- Peel and seed the avocado
- Dice the avocado and toss in lime juice, toss to coat. Drain, and reserve the lime juice, after all of the avocado has been coated.
- Add the salt, cumin, and cayenne to the avocado
- Then, stir in the onions, jalapeno, tomatoes, cilantro, and garlic.
- Add 1 tablespoon of the reserved lime juice and toss. Let sit at room temperature for 1 hour and then serve.
Make sure the avocado is ripe or the guac will come out to chunky.