Fresh and tasty Pico de Gallo goes great with….well anything with a tortilla, plus more. In honor of Cinco de Mayo, here is one of many recipes throughout the day that I will share! Stay tuned!
The Best Pico de Gallo
Here is what you will need
– 2 cups tomatoes, seeded and diced (salt and drain)
– 1 cup red or yellow onion diced, (whichever you prefer)
– 1/4 cup chopped cilantro
– 2 jalepenos, diced/seeded
– 2 tbsp extra virgin olive oil
– 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
– 1 tsp sugar
– salt to taste
- Salt the tomatoes with 2 teaspoons of salt, and let drain in a fine mesh sieve.
- While draining, prepare other ingredients
- Add drained tomatoes to bowl with all other ingredients
- Mix everything together and serve immediately.